The Indiana Conference for Legal Education Opportunity
If you have applied or been admitted to Valparaiso University Law School, and you meet the criteria listed below, you may be eligible to become a Fellow in the ICLEO Program. Patterned after the national CLEO Program, the ICLEO Program is open to applicants who apply to Indiana law schools and could benefit from a preparatory program prior to law school entry with continued support once they have enrolled. The ICLEO Program’s principal goal is helping those individuals who want to live, work and make a difference in the Indiana legal community. If you have not yet applied to Valparaiso Law, you are advised to submit your admission application to us no later than late January. Keep in mind that the deadline to submit a full application to the ICLEO program is February 14, 2014. Learn more about the ICLEO Program and its application process.
You may qualify for the ICLEO program if you belong to one, or a combination of, the following groups:
- Low income
- Educationally and/or socio-economically disadvantaged
- Underrepresented racially or ethnically in the legal profession
If you are selected as an ICLEO Fellow, you will receive the following benefits:
- Mandatory participation in the FREE 6-week law school Summer Institute Program, including tuition, room and board
- A stipend of up to $9,000 a year
- Networking opportunities
- An ICLEO summer employment program during law school
- Bar Review assistance
You can contact Jasmine at ICLEO if you have questions at 317.234.1376 or see the FAQ webpage.