Criteria for Admission
Valparaiso students seeking to enroll in the College of Adult Scholars program must:
- Complete a formal application to the College of Adult Scholars and a personal essay;
- Submit high school diploma or equivalent (waived if a student has completed more than 30 college credits);
- Submit official records of any previous college work;
- Meet with the Adult Scholar Adviser prior to registration.
Students who meet any one of the following criteria may be admitted with unconditional status to College of Adult Scholars:
- a college degree from any accredited institution;
- full-time enrollment with good standing at another college or university in their most recent year of attempted course work;
- previous course work (minimum 12 credits) from accredited college or university with a GPA of at least 2.0.
Students not meeting one of the above criteria but who show ability and promise for success at VU may be accepted on a conditional basis. These students will be:
Conditional students who successfully complete these steps will be considered for matriculation or "good standing" in the College of Adult Scholars.
- limited to 6 credits their first semester;
- required to take a standardized placement test before their first semester of enrollment;
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0 after the completion of their first 12 credits, with courses drawn from general education or the certificate program in which they are enrolled.