College of Adult Scholars Purpose and Mission
A selective program serving Northwest Indiana for highly motivated, part-time adult learners seeking a first degree and professionals wanting advanced training through a certificate of specialization. Our Bachelor of Liberal and Professional Studies and Associate of Arts Degrees are designed for students in the College of Adult Scholars. Students who wish to take non-degree courses at the undergraduate level should apply for this program. For information on non-degree Graduate Level courses, please visit the Graduate School website.
- A wide range of programs from which to choose.
- Simplified admission & registration procedures
- Selections from both day & evening courses
- Competitive tuition rate
- Academic adviser specifically designated for all adult students and professionals
- Honor students are inducted into Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society after meeting requirements.
Criteria for Admission
Valparaiso University admits students to the College of Adult Scholars through the Office of Continuing Education. To be admitted a prospective student must have a high school diploma and meet any ONE of the following criteria:
- Be 24 years of age or older
- Have not attended college within the last three years
- Have a baccalaureate degree and be seeking a second degree or a certificate
- Plan to take a VU course approved and offered by the College of Adult Scholars at an off-site location
After students have completed the 10 credit integrated core curriculum (or the equivalent) and are formally admitted as degree seeking students, they may declare a major and are assigned an adviser that specializes in that major.
To discuss your options with an adviser, please call (219) 464-5313 or (800) 821-7685, or email Continuing.Ed@valpo.edu to schedule a personal consultation.
*APPLICATION FEE IS WAIVED if you meet with the Continuing Education Adviser prior to applying!
*Please note that students admitted into the College of Nursing are not eligible for the College of Adult Scholar program unless they are taking pre-requisites part-time (less than 11 credit hours) for admission into the College of Nursing, and meet other admission criteria for the CASC program.
Ready to apply? Click here