Name: Fakher Al Zibari
Hometown: Duhok, Iraqi Kurdistan
Major: Master in TESOL
Occupation: Formerly a translator for the U.S. Army in Iraq
Languages: Kurdish, Arabic, English
What shocked you upon coming to Valpo?
- Winter, due to arriving in February
- Very little public transportation in tow
- Hard to follow fast American speaking at first
What do you like best about Valpo?
- Close to Chicago
- Love the mild summer, fall, and spring seasons
- The people are very friendly and helpful
- University is not only focused on giving degrees
If you were given a flight ticket today, it would be to...
Germany to visit family,or to South America(Sao Paulo and Ecuador).