Step 5 - Attend New Student Orientation

International Student Orientation Spring 2015 (Required*)

  • New International Undergraduate Student Orientation:**
    • Date: Tuesday, January 6
    • Location:  Community Room, Christopher Center Library
    • Time: 9:00 AM
    • Please arrive at 8:30 AM to check-in on Tuesday, January 6.
  • New International Graduate Student Orientation:**
    • Date: Monday, January 5
    • Location: Ballrooms, Harre Union 2nd Floor
    • Time: 9:00 AM
    • Please arrive at 8:30 AM to check-in on Monday, January 5.
  • Spring 2015 FOCUS (Undergraduate & Exchange Students):
    • Date:Monday, January 5.
    • Location: Harre Union
    • Please register hereRegistration is required for all new undergraduate international students. Registration for the January 5 FOCUS must be completed by December 22.
    • Note:The University is closed starting at 5 p.m on December 19 until 8 a.m January 5.
*International students are required to attend BOTH the international student orientation and either FOCUS (for undergraduate and exchange students), Graduate School orientationLaw school orientation. There is an orientation fee that will be charged to all new students, whether you attend or not. 

**All international students in F-1 and J-1 visa status who are new to Valparaiso University are required to report to the New Student Orientation with the following documents:

  • SEVIS I-20 Form (F-1) or DS-2019 Form (J-1)
  • Passport
  • Arrival/Departure Form - also known as an I-94 form which is available for printout here: Print I-94.
  • Change of Status approval notice (if applicable)
  • Proof of Insurance (if in J-1 visa status)
  • Dependent documents - you will need to also provide all the above documents for your dependents (child or spouse) if they hold F-2 or J-2 visa status.
  • U.S. Address (for those living on campus, we need both your dorm room and unit mailbox number)

You will be unable to register for classes until you complete orientation and submit the above documents. 

Please note that you should register for classes through your Academic Advisor. Visit the Register Office website for course details.