International Student Orientation Summer 2015 (Required*)
- New International Graduate AND Undergraduate Student Orientation:**
- Date: Monday, May 18
- Location: Community Room, Christopher Center Library
- Time: Check-in starts at 8:30 AM
- Summer 2015 Graduate School Orientation (both sessions REQUIRED)
- Session I: Monday, May 18, 2:30-5:30 PM
- Session II: Friday, May 22, 3:30-6:30 PM
- Location: Christopher Center (Library) Community Room
- See theGraduate School orientation web page more information.
- Fall 2015 FOCUS (Undergraduate & Exchange Students):
- Date: Date to be announced.
- Location: Harre Union
- Please register here. Registration is required for all new undergraduate international students.
*International students are required to attend BOTH the international student orientation and either FOCUS (for undergraduate and exchange students), Graduate School orientationLaw school orientation. There is an orientation fee that will be charged to all new students, whether you attend or not.
**All international students in F-1 and J-1 visa status who are new to Valparaiso University are required to report to the New Student Orientation with the following documents:
- SEVIS I-20 Form (F-1) or DS-2019 Form (J-1)
- Arrival/Departure Form - also known as an I-94 form which is available for printout here: Print I-94.
- Change of Status approval notice (if applicable)
- Proof of Insurance (if in J-1 visa status)
- Dependent documents - you will need to also provide all the above documents for your dependents (child or spouse) if they hold F-2 or J-2 visa status.
- U.S. Address (for those living on campus, we need both your dorm room and unit mailbox number)
You will be unable to register for classes until you complete orientation and submit the above documents.
Please note that you should register for classes through your Academic Advisor. Visit the Register Office website for course details.