You have the ability to authorize parents and/or other guests to view specific types of your information in DataVU. Access can be granted to any or all of the following three menus:
- Class Schedule: your class schedule by term
- Financial Menu: your financial aid award, missing documents for financial aid, account summary, meal plan and restrictions or holds
- Grades Menu: your grades by term, midterm grades (first-year students) and unofficial transcript.
If you wish to grant your parent or other person access to your DataVU information, please follow these steps:
- Login to DataVU and under the Allow Parent/Guest Access menu select Allow Access.
- Review the FERPA Release and acknowledge that you will waive your privacy rights by giving others access to your information. Select SUBMIT.
- On the Allow Access page, those parents or other relationships you have previously included in the university’s database will be listed. Select which menu options you wish to give to each person. If individuals are listed for whom you do not want to grant any access, leave all menu options blank for that person.
- If there is an individual not listed for whom you would like to give access, select the option at the bottom of the screen Click here to request an additional person for access.
- You will be taken to the Request to Add New Person page. Enter the information required to notify the Register’s Office to create an account for that individual.
- In approximately five business days after completing the above steps, you will receive an email providing the login name(s) and temporary password(s) for each individual you have requested for access.
- It is your responsibility to forward the login name and password to each individual only.
- You may rescind (remove) permission for others to access your DataVU account at any time by returning to the Allow Parent/Guest Access page and unchecking any menu items you no longer wish to allow that person to access. Their access will be terminated within 24 hours and you will receive an email notification of the change.
- All access, including yours and your parent/guest, will expire when you graduate, withdraw from the university or do not return the following semester.