Valparaiso University recognizes
the need for groups to communicate their activities, services, and ideas to the
campus community, as well as the need to provide a visually pleasing and
organized setting for the campus community to receive such communication. The
Harre Union, in accordance with the above, has provided the following
guidelines for use of the Harre Union Digital Signage System (HUDSS). The Harre
Union is responsible for ensuring that scheduling for the system is provided in
a fair and appropriate manner.
- Welcome Desk
- North (Lincolnway) Entrance
- Founders Table
- Games and Recreation Area Kiosk
- West (Heugli) Entrance Hallway Kiosk
- Elevator Kiosk - 1st floor
- Student Groups- all Student Senate recognized
student organizations and clubs.
- Greek Organizations- both social and academic.
- Groups, clubs, organizations and programs
recognized by University departments.
- Offices, departments, and groups listed in the
- Submitting organizations are responsible for
design, production and timely submission of slides.
- Slides will only be uploaded Monday - Thursday during academic weeks.
- Slides must be submitted a minimum of 1 week prior to the start date of
your advertisement and meet the
Acceptable file format- jpeg, .png, .gif picture files
PowerPoint slide (pdf files must be put on a PowerPoint slide and submitted in the PowerPoint format)
*page set-up must be width of
9.5” and height of 5.5”
*must be saved in Microsoft
Office PowerPoint 2003 format
*must be in landscape view
3. Videos can be submitted, but must be less than 1 minute in length. Please note that there is no sound played for videos.
*must be in Mp4 format
1. IMC recommended pixel is 10+
2. 72 dpi-300 dpi is what our company recommends
for best picture quality
- If you have broadcast ready slides for submission please e-mail your publication to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of your event, date of your event, and the dates you would like to slide to run (maximum of 7 days). Any slides not following the above specifications will be sent back for corrections.
- All content will be approved by the Harre Union Administration.
- All video submissions must be less than 60 seconds in length.
- Since all broadcast screens are in public areas
all materials must be of an appropriate nature and acceptable for public
- Only advertising of campus-sponsored events and
official university business will be approved for broadcasting.
- Time and Number Limitations- Advertisements will
be approved to run for a
maximum of 1 week prior to the event. All advertisements will be removed by
12:00 midnight after the event has occurred.
- A group may only have 2 advertisements running
on the TV at any given time.
- The HUDDS is intended to be a medium to promote
campus-sponsored events, organizational promotion, emergency notification
and/or official university business. Use of the digital signage for any other
purpose, including but not limited to: political or commercial material, is
prohibited without the approval of the Harre Union.
- All emergency notices and warnings override all
advertisements. They are controlled by the Health and Safety Director. The
Union has no control over these messages.
- Violations of these rules may result in
sanctions against the organization, individual, or University department
including, but not limited to, removal of material and/or denial for further
access to the system.