Under neither the control nor the authority of any church body, Valparaiso University is an independent institution owned and operated by The Lutheran University Association.
Since 1925, when Lutheran clergy and laity arranged to purchase the University, Valpo has enjoyed a long and positive relationship with many congregations, church workers, and laity of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
In these latter years, the University is also grateful for its increasing opportunity for collaboration and conversation with congregations, schools and denominational officials of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
The University continues to seek out and treasure
a broad range of relationship and partnerships with
numerous Lutheran organizations, agencies, institutions
and schools, not only within the community of Northwest
Indiana but throughout the USA and beyond.