- Selected Topics in Mathematics
- This course, designed especially for motivated high school students wishing to pursue interesting mathematical ideas, covers a wide range of current and significant non-calculus based topics in mathematics. Topics include:
Chaos: the study of dynamically changing systems
- Combinatorics: the art of counting, using methods to eliminate the need to list items.
- Game Theory: the study of strategic decision-making in presence of competition and uncertainty.
- Linear Programming: a tool for optimizing return, given resource constraints.
- Number Theory: the study of properties of the positive integers which form the basis for all arithmetic operations.
- Topology: the study of geometric properties preserved while stretching and bending the plane.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Earn college credit which is transferable to any college or university in the country.
- Spend time on a college campus
- Study interesting mathematical ideas
- Challenge yourself in a unique way
- Improve your mathematical skills for competitions and standardized exams
- Meet other students interested in studying mathematics