The American Mathematical Society (AMS) invites undergraduate mathematics and computer science majors in the U.S. to apply for a special scholarship to attend a semester in the Math in Moscow program, run by the Independent University of Moscow.
- Five scholarships in the amount of US$7,500 are available per semester.
- Scholarships are for U.S. undergraduate mathematics or computer science majors.
- Application deadlines for scholarships: September 30 for spring semesters and April 15 for fall semesters.
- Contact: Membership and Programs Department, American Mathematical Society, 201 Charles Street, Providence, RI 02904; telephone 800-321-4267, ext. 4170
Features of the Math in Moscow program:
- A 15-week long semester that offers foreign students the chance to spend a semester studying mathematics and computer science in in Moscow with internationally recognized research mathematics.
- Courses are taught in the Russian tradition of teaching mathematics, features of which include: small classes, emphasis on in-depth understanding of carefully selected material, one-on-one interaction with professors.
- Courses are taught in English.
- For more information about the Math in Moscow program and application instructions, visit http://www.mccme.ru/mathinmoscow