Candidates for December 2014 Graduation
Grad Finale took place on Thursday, November 6th in the Harre Union Ballroom from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. All students planning to participate in the December 2014 Commencement Ceremony were invited to attend.
This event is designed to help you prepare for the December Commencement Ceremony and life after graduation.
Important items at this event included:
- Pick up your cap and gown for the ceremony. Submit the regalia order form to the bookstore or email it to Valpo@bkstr.com.
- Order your graduation announcements through Jostens.
- Order your class ring.
- Review your degree information and diploma name spelling with the Office of the Registrar.
- Use the Career Center's resources as you search for a job and move through your career - we work with alumni and current students! Complete our Graduate Survey here.
- Learn about user accounts for graduates from Information Technology.
- Ensure all financial obligations are taken care of with Student Accounts.
- All graduating students who have borrowed Direct Federal Loans are required to complete Direct Loan Exit Counseling. Contact the Financial Aid Office.
If you were unable to attend Grad Finale, you must take care of these important items before commencement by contacting the departments directly.
Cap and Gown Pricing:
- $45.00 - Bachelor Unit (cap, gown, tassel)
- $82.00 - Masters Unit with Hood
- $30.00 - Masters Hood Only
- $34.50 - Bachelors Gown Only
- $42.00 - Master Gown Only
- $6.00 - Cap Only
- $4.50 - Tassel Only
Payment Methods: Cash, Check (payable to University Book Center), Major Credit Card, or Crusader Cash.
(Visit the Bookstore online for additional information including hours of operation.)
Congratulations on your achievement!
Please visit the Commencement web page for more information including
- Guests with special needs
- Shuttle Service
November 12 and 13
Harre Union - Victory Bell Room, 263
Harre Union - Valpo Room, 261
Make your appointment now!
- At this website, you'll be asked to create a FREE account to sign up for a photography appointment.
- The session is free, and you must sign up for one if you want to appear in this year's Beacon yearbook.
- You will have the option to purchase photo packages after viewing the proofs.
Look Your Best!
Dress Up from the Waist Up.
Men: Shirt & Tie, with Jackets being optional
Women: Dressy Blouse, Top, or Suit
- Graduates will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar when diplomas are ready for pick up.
- Diplomas for December 2014 graduates will be available in the Office of the Registrar in January 2015.
- We are unable to release diplomas to graduates with any outstanding obligations to the University. Please resolve any outstanding obligations with the applicable offices before graduation.
- A photo ID is required to pick up your diploma in the Office of the Registrar.
- If you are unable to pick up your diploma on campus, please use the Diploma Request form in DataVU under the Students menu to give us the address to which the diploma should be sent.
- You may send the Office of the Registrar a Diploma Request right away, and we will mail your diploma as soon as it's ready.
- You may make changes if needed to your request by logging back into DataVU and updating the Diploma Request form any time before your diploma is mailed.
Office of the Registrar Business Hours:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time
All transcript orders are placed through DataVU. Valpo alumni are extended the courtesy of lifetime access to DataVU and email accounts. Please visit the Transcript page for more information on placing an order.