Candidates for May and August 2016 Graduation
Congratulations on your achievement!
Grad Finale will take place on Thursday, March 17th in the Harre Union Ballroom from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. All students planning to participate in the May 2016 Commencement Ceremony are invited to attend.
Light refreshments will be served!
This event is designed to help you prepare for the May Commencement Ceremony and remaining a member of the Valpo community after graduation.
Important items at this event include:
- Sign the 2016 Class Banner, which will be on display during Commencement and Homecoming!
- Order your cap and gown for the ceremony. Place your regalia order online now!
- Payment will be required at the time of pick-up in the Bookstore. Students will be notified via email when regalia is ready for pick-up
- Please try on your gown immediately after picking it up and contact the Bookstore if there are any sizing problems.
- Order your graduation announcements through Jostens.
- Order your class ring through Jostens.
- Review your degree information and diploma name spelling with the Office of the Registrar.
- Use the Career Center's resources as you search for a job and move through your career - we work with alumni and current students! Avoid lines at Grad Finale by completing our Graduate Survey online.
- Learn about user accounts for graduates from Information Technology.
- Ensure all financial obligations are taken care of with Student Accounts.
- All graduating students who have borrowed Federal Direct Loans are required to complete Direct Loan Exit Counseling. Please watch for an e-mail from the Office of Financial Aid.
If you are unable to attend Grad Finale, you must take care of these important itemsbefore commencement by contacting the departments directly.
All students planning to participate in the December 2016 Commencement Ceremony are invited to attend Fall 2016 Grad Finale.
Cap and Gown Pricing
- $40.00 - Bachelor Unit (cap, gown, tassel)
- $73.00 - Masters Unit with Hood
- $30.00 - Masters Hood Only
- $30.00 - Bachelors Gown Only
- $33.00 - Master Gown Only
- $5.75 - Cap Only
- $4.00 - Tassel Only
Cash, Check (payable to University Book Center), Major Credit Card, or Crusader Cash.
(Visit the Bookstore online for additional information including hours of operation.)
Please visit the Commencement web page for more information including:
- Guests with special needs
- Shuttle Service
November 11, 12, and 13 - 2015
Harre Union - Victory Bell Room #263
Look Your Best!
Dress Up from the Waist Up.
Men: Shirt & Tie, with Jackets being optional
Women: Dressy Blouse, Top, or Suit.
- Graduates will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar when diplomas are ready for pick up.
- Diplomas for May 2016 graduates will be available in the Office of the Registrar in June 2016.
- Diplomas for August 2016 graduates will be available in the Office of the Registrar in September 2016.
- We are unable to release diplomas to graduates with any outstanding obligations to the University. Please resolve any outstanding obligations with the applicable offices before graduation. Student restriction details are available through DataVU under the Students menu.
- A photo ID is required to pick up your diploma in the Office of the Registrar.
- If you are unable to pick up your diploma on campus, please use the Diploma Request form in DataVU under the Students menu to give us the address to which the diploma should be sent.
- You may submit a Diploma Request now, and we will mail your diploma as soon as it's ready.
- You may make changes to your order by going back to DataVU and updating the Diploma Request form any time before your diploma is mailed.
Office of the Registrar
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time
Kretzmann Hall, Room 101
All transcript orders are placed through DataVU. During their last semester, students may complete a transcript order through DataVU and select the "hold for degree option." Valpo alumni are extended the courtesy of lifetime access to DataVU and email accounts. Please visit the Transcript page for more information on placing an order.