This award is given annually to the outstanding psychology student to honor the memory of Dr. Rudolph (Rod) Waldschmidt, founder and long-time chair of the department.
Candidates are invited to submit an application by the department Awards Committee following a review of the criteria listed below.The recipient will receive $100.00 and will be recognized at the Annual Spring Picnic. S/he will also receive a certificate and his/her name will be placed on a plaque on display in the Psychology Department.
Rudolph C. Waldschmidt Award Criteria
- Senior Status (or 25+ credits in PSY)
- 3.75 GPA
- Evidence of scholarship outside the classroom (e.g., Independent Research)
- Service to the Psychology Department and/or the Campus Community
- Active participation in Psi Chi
- Departmental Service (e.g., TA or tutoring)
- Campus Community Service
- Personal Statement Requested with Application