Peter Venturelli, Ph.D.
College of Arts & Sciences, Rm. 335
Ph.D. in Sociology - University of Chicago, 1981
M.A. in Sociology - University of Chicago, 1978
B.A. in Sociology and Psychology - Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois, 1972
Drug Use and Abuse in Society,
Social Psychology of Urban Life,
Race and Ethnicity,
Deviance and Social Control,
Urban Community Studies,
- Generational Differences in an Ethnic Community, Reconstructing Italians in Chicago: Thirty Authors in Search of Roots and Branches, Press Proof Printing, Chicago, IL, pp. 277-300, 2011
(Dominic Candeloro and Fred L. Gardaphe', Editors.)
- Drugs in Schools: Myths and Realities, Drugs, Crime & Justice: Contemporary Perspectives, 2nd Edition, Waveland Press, Inc., pp. 352-367, 2003
(Larry K Gaines and Peter B. Kraska, Editors)
- Drugs, A Social Taxonomy of., Encyclopedia of Criminology and Deviant Behavior, Volume Four, Self Destructive Behavior and Disvalued Identity., Blacksburg, VA: Taylor and Francis Publishers, pp. 203-215, 2000.
(Charles E. Faupel and Paul M. Roman, Editors.)
- Drugs in Schools: Myths and Reality., The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 567. , Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc., pp. 72-87, 2000.
(William Hinkle and Stuart Henry, Editors.)
- Do the CurrenSocial and Psychological Theories Really Explain the Initial Causes of Drug Abuse, Interrogating Social Justice: Politics, Culture, and Identity., Toronto, Canada: Canadian Scholars Press, pp. 203-215, 1999.
(Marilyn Corsianos and Kelly Amanda Train, Editors.)
- Tuscan American Families., Family and Community, Staten Island, NY: American-Italian Historical Association, pp. 69-80, 1983.
(Richard Juliani, Editor. )
- Institutions in an Ethnic District., Human Organization 41, pp. 26-35, 1982. ,
- Drugs and Society, 12th Edition.
- Co-Authored with Glen Hanson and Annette Fleckenstein Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning 2014
- Drugs and Society, 2nd through 11th Editions
- Co-Authored with Glen Hanson and Annette Fleckenstein Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning 1988-2008
- Drug Use in America: Social, Cultural, and Political Perspectives.
- Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning 1994
- The Baldwin Research Institute
Member of the Board of Directors, Amsterdam, NY, 2012-2017.