Stop! Did You Wash Your Hands?
Getting vaccinated for seasonal flu is the best prevention strategy.
All Valparaiso University students, faculty, and staff are eligible to receive a flu shot at the University Health Center.
As always, no appointment is necessary. The cost is $20.00.
Valparaiso University employees (faculty and staff) and all students…
Influenza (the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness.
- Sore throat
- Body aches
PREVENT THE SPREAD:
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Practice respiratory etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Use antibacterial wipes frequently to clean work area surfaces.
- If you happen to get the flu, isolate yourself from other people as much as possible until you are fever-free for at least 24 hours