Faculty Resources

eric johnson

Interested in taking a group of students abroad?

The International Affairs Committee (IAC) welcomes faculty and staff to develop short-term, faculty-led course-work abroad for spring break, summer or other durations.  Faculty and staff should consult with the IAC in the initial planning stages regarding location, cost, health and safety factors to incorporate into your proposal.   Approvals for academic credit will be given by the Office of the Provost.  

Once the trip proposal has been reviewed by the IAC, please submit the following:

 Trip Application Form online (https://apps.valpo.edu/travel/) 

What the Office of International Programs can assist you with:

  • Consulations on short-term, faculty-led programs; 
  • Promoting your course at study abroad fairs and information sessions; 
  • Pre-departure orientation for students on health & safety, packing tips, and emergency contact paperwork; 

To review the University's student travel policies, please reference the General Counsel link below:



Emergency Assistance Services

Students, faculty, staff, alumni and volunteers participating on a Valparaiso University sponsored trip outside the United States are automatically covered by the EIIA International Travel Program, in partnership with FrontierMEDEX, which provides emergency-based medical assistance, personal security, and medical evacuation and repatriation services.  

For more information on the EIIA International Travel Program, please visit: eiia.org/foreignassist

Services include: 

  • Evacuation services in the event of a catastrophe or political unrest
  • Assistance in replacing a lost credit card, passport, wallet, or documentation
  • Contact information for the nearest embassy, consulate, government office, and vetted attorney firms
  • Translation services via telephone
  • Current weather conditions for your destination
  • Information on required immunizations and recommended preventative medicines
  • Assistance in obtaining special medical services or supplies (e.g. a wheelchair or oxygen tank)
  • Contact information and office hours for local medical providers
  • Assistance in filling a prescription
  • Forwarding of medical records to a local doctor or hospital
  • Aid in arranging a medical evacuation with an approved transporter and medical professional
  • and more.  


Interested in a Resident Director Position?

Please contact Erin Kunert, Associate Director of Study Abroad Programs, for general questions, a job description and application.

Click here to view profiles of our current Resident Directors.