Next Steps - How to Apply
Consider your options
Talk to your faculty advisor and a representative from the Office of International Programs to find a program that fits your goals. During regular faculty advising, you can ask about the best kind of courses within your major, if any, and general education requirements that you can take while abroad.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- How does this experience fit into your academic and career goals?
- When and how long do you want to study abroad?
- How will you finance your plans and have you asked about scholarship opportunities?
How to apply for a program?
- Consult with your academic advisor regarding the program of your choice and discuss how the course-work will fit into your graduation plans.
- Make an appotinment with the Associate Director of Study Abroad Erin Kunert or the International Programs Office Coordinator Marisa Henderson in order chose the best program for you. Call 219-464-5333 or email the Office of International Programs at email@example.com. If you already know which program you would like participate in, you may contact a Peer Advisor with any program-specific questions.
- Submit your program-specific application online. Click on your program and hit the APPLY NOW button to start your application. You will be asked to upload a personal statement and supporting documents to the Office of International Programs.
- Upon submission, you will be asked to sign up for a 30-minute interview to discuss your application with the Director of Study Abroad Programs.
Please check the deadlines page for the most up to date information. Applications are accepted on a rolling admissions basis, so plan ahead with your academic adviser and apply early. Applications are generally due a semester in advance, but early acceptance is highly encouraged one year in advance to ensure you are admitted to the program of your choice. Make sure you inquire about specific deadlines for your program of choice! *Some programs may have a different deadline. Please refer to the program factsheet or confirm with the Office of International Programs.
VU's Study Centers in Cambridge, England; Hangzhou, China, Reutlingen, Germany and San Jose, Costa Rica are open to non-VU applicants. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about applying to a VU program.