Get a Passport

You must have a valid passport to participate in a study or intern program outside the U.S.  Your passport should be valid at least six months after the end of your program.  

Get a passport

How to Apply for a Passport:

Getting a passport is easier than you think. Here's what you do:

NOTE: Request a passport "booklet," not a "card."  You will not need both.  

Renew your passport: 

Mail Form DS-82 in a padded envelope to the address listed on the form, along with:

  • Your most recent U.S. Passport
  • One Passport Photo that is stapled to the application within the space provided using four vertical staples, one in each corner
  • Current Passport Fees
  • A marriage certificate or court order (only if your current name isdifferent from what was recorded in your most recent U.S. passport)

See instructions online:

Passport Photos: