Candidates for May and August 2015 Graduation
Congratulations! Please save the date for Grad Finale!
Grad Finale will take place on Thursday, February 26th in the Harre Union Ballroom from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. All students planning to participate in the May 2015 Commencement Ceremony should attend. Students who graduate in August each year participate in the preceding May Commencement Ceremony.
Refreshments will be provided! This event is designed to help you prepare for the May Commencement Ceremony and life after graduation.
Important items at this event include:
- Order your cap and gown for the ceremony through the Bookstore.
- Order your regalia online now through 2/24/15. Payment will be required at the time of pick-up in the Bookstore, beginning 4/7/15.
- Order your graduation announcements through Jostens.
- Order your class ring.
- Review your degree information and diploma name spelling with the Office of the Registrar.
- Use the Career Center's resources as you search for a job and move through your career - we work with alumni and current students! Avoid lines at Grad Finale by completing our Graduate Survey here.
- Learn about user accounts for graduates from Information Technology.
- Ensure all financial obligations are taken care of with Student Accounts.
- The Office of Financial Aid will have a representative at Grad Finale to answer any questions you may have.
- All graduating students who have borrowed Direct Federal Loans are required to complete Direct Loan Exit Counseling. The Office of Financial Aid will be hosting mandatory information sessions in April about exit counseling. Session details will be available soon.
If you are unable to attend Grad Finale, you must take care of these important items before commencement by contacting the departments directly.
Cap and Gown Pricing (before tax):
- $45.00 - Bachelor Unit (cap, gown, tassel)
- $82.00 - Masters Unit with Hood
- $30.00 - Masters Hood Only
- $34.50 - Bachelors Gown Only
- $42.00 - Master Gown Only
- $6.00 - Cap Only
- $4.50 - Tassel Only
Payment Methods: Cash, Check (payable to University Book Center), Major Credit Card, or Crusader Cash.
(Visit the Bookstore online for additional information including hours of operation.)
Congratulations on your achievement! We look forward to seeing you soon at Grad Finale!
Please visit the Commencement web page for more information including
- Guests with special needs
- Shuttle Service
- Graduates will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar when diplomas are ready for pick up.
- Diplomas for May 2015 graduates will be available in the Office of the Registrar in June 2015.
- We are unable to release diplomas to graduates with any outstanding obligations to the University. Please resolve any outstanding obligations with the applicable offices before graduation.
- A photo ID is required to pick up your diploma in the Office of the Registrar.
- If you are unable to pick up your diploma on campus, please use the Diploma Request available through DataVU to give us the address to which the diploma should be sent.
- You may complete a Diploma Request right away, and we will mail your diploma as soon as it's ready.
- You may make changes if needed to your request by logging back into DataVU and updating the Diploma Request form any time before your diploma is mailed.
Office of the Registrar Business Hours:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time
All transcript orders are placed through DataVU. Valpo alumni are extended the courtesy of lifetime access to DataVU and email accounts. Please visit the Transcript page for more information on placing an order.