For New Faculty
Each year the TRC organizes two orientation sessions for new faculty.
In the fall, new faculty and their deans are invited to a dinner/discussion to discuss a reading about teaching and learning.
In the spring, new faculty meet with a panel of VU's teaching award winners to discuss excellence in teaching.
For Current Faculty
Each year, the TRC facilitates several faculty workshops that aim to help faculty enhance their teaching skills. Some past workshops have included:
Christopher Center Library Services partners with the Teaching Resource Center (TRC) to provide access to current books and materials which address issues presented at TRC workshops. Please visit the Teaching Resource Center Bibliographies page for more information.
- "Advising Students"
- "Working with International Students"
- "Course Planning and Grading for Learning and Assessment"
- "How to Plan and Carry Out your Sabbatical"
- "The ABCs of Developing an Online Course"
- "My Students Taught Me How to Teach"
- "Improving Engagement Through a Learning Objectives Approach"
- "Syllabus Design"
- "Getting Tenure at VU"