Loading Dock Policy
1. Normal Operating Hours- 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Doors will remain unlocked during this period. After 5:00 p.m. dock will be closed. If use of the dock is necessary people will call the Welcome Desk ext. 5415. During the day all doors will remain unlocked and closed. This will be in affect 7 days per week. If groups are going to be using the Loading Dock they should communicate that when making a reservation. We need to know if deliveries are going to be made during or after normal operating hours.
2. Suggested length of stay for deliveries:
- Dining maximum 1 hour
- Bookstore maximum 30 minutes
- Mail truck 10-20 minutes
- UPS and others 10-15 minutes
- All others need to make deliveries and move on as quickly as possible.
3. Trucks will not leave engines running while they are at the Loading Dock. Drivers will report directly to the areas they are making their deliveries to unless after 5:00 p.m.
4. All business mail delivered by UPS, FEDEX or DHL will be delivered directly to the mailroom and be signed for. Each office will pick up its own business mail at the Student Mail Services Office daily. Companies will be informed that deliveries should not be made until after 10:00 a.m. Bookstore deliveries will go directly to Bookstore.
5. All Food Service Trucks (3-4) will be parked along the access road in designated spots. No long term or overnight truck/car parking in the loading dock area will be permitted at any time. Pick up for large packages by students from Mail Services will be allowed short term.
6. Dock doors are for Union personnel only. This is not an entrance area to the building.
7. Holding area- This area is for short term storage only. Deliveries should be removed as soon as possible. Primary users will be Dining Services and Bookstore. On some occasions Mail Services might use the space as well.