- Valpo Admission Network members are VU alumni, Guild members, and parents of Valpo students.
- They are expected to be familiar with the University's basic facts and must abide by the ethical recruiting standards of our professional association (NACAC -- see "Statement of Principles of Good Practice").
- VAN members should provide feedback about University projects and activities to the VAN Director.
- VAN members are encouraged to attend on-campus or regional University events and spread the word about Valpo whenever possible.
- They should always present a positive and accurate representation of the University, and be familiar with VU's academic standards for admission of students. However they cannot discuss a prospective student's potential admission to the University.
- Campus visits and the University's website (www.valpo.edu) should be promoted often.
- At college fairs, VAN members should...
- Be approachable and friendly.
- Not stand in front of the tables at college fairs nor solicit interest from persons standing at other colleges' tables.
- Be honest by not answering a question if the right answer is not known, while offering to find out the answer and then following up.
- Make each person interested in VU feel important.
- Dress professionally but not too "stuffy."
- Be on time, if not early, to recruitment events!
Valpo Admission Network volunteers provide whatever services they can to assist the Admission Office with their recruitment efforts! We realize our volunteers are precious commodities and we value any contribution each one can make.
Join the VAN!