This page allows you to send a draft of your writing to a consultant in the Valparaiso University Writing Center. Consultants attempt to respond to drafts within five business days. We will not “fix” your paper. We will spend approximately 1/2 hour reading and responding to your paper on two or three of the following points:
- academic conventions
- evidence (integrating, citing, effectiveness)
- coverage (in terms of the assignment)
- syntax, sentence structure, & word choice
If you believe your paper will require more time and attention, then please revise and make an appointment to visit with one of our tutors.
To email your draft to a writing consultant:
- Complete the following form. Drafts will NOT be commented on unless EVERY question is answered.
- Attach the file containing your draft. You can use the browse button to find the file on your computer. Select the file, then click the open button.
- Click on the “Email Your Essay” button at the bottom of this page.
- Check to see that your email address is correct.
- Please allow up to five business days for us to read and respond to your draft. Please note: if we are overwhelmed with face-to-face consulting requests, we may not be able to respond to emailed drafts in a timely fashion. We will let you know if this is likely to happen.
If you have any problems with this form, send an email with your paper and a brief explanation of what you would like us to comment on to firstname.lastname@example.org