Admitted Student Days
Congratulations on your admission to Valparaiso University! We invite you to campus to get to know Valpo’s faculty, staff and students while exploring campus life and academics.
This program – reserved for our admitted students – includes an overnight stay with a current student host.
Check-in is between 4:30 and 6:00 p.m. Sunday night at the Duesenberg Welcome Center; students will head off to dinner with their overnight hosts and parents enjoy an hors d’oeuvres reception with faculty, staff, and administrators. If you do not wish to spend the night, you may sign up for the Admitted Student Day and opt out of the overnight by texting us at 219-240-0526. Check-in for Day 2 is at 8:30 a.m. at the Harre Union.
2020 Dates Are
- January 26-27: We had a terrific event and can’t wait for our next one!
- February 16-17: Registration is now closed; please call us at 219-464-5011 with questions.
- March 22-23
- April 5-6
SCHEDULE (Central Time)
|Sunday Evening, 5:00-6:00 p.m.||Check-in is at the Duesenberg Welcome Center|
Students pair up with their Overnight Student Ambassador.
Parents may attend a reception just for them (5:00-6:00) which can include a residence hall tour.
|Monday Morning, 8:30 a.m.||Check-in for all on Day 2 is at the Harre Union|
|9:15 a.m.||Welcome and Presentation|
Monday’s program for Students & Guests includes:
- An introduction to your academic college
- Academic programs for students
- “Beyond the Classroom” for parents
- Lunch for all at Founders Table
- Individual conversation with a financial aid representative
- Options to talk with Christ College, our Aviation Program director, and staff from the Health Center, Counseling Center, Dining Services, Access & Accommodations Office.
- Specialty tours of anatomy & forensic labs, engineering labs, kinesiology human performance labs, nursing & health professions labs, athletics and fitness facilities, and meteorology labs (includes a balloon launch if weather permits).
The day’s program ends between 2:00 & 2:30 p.m. Central Time.
If you wish to speak with coaching staff, you should schedule the appointment on your own for after 2:30 p.m.
For your overnight visit, you should bring a sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries, shower shoes, homework, and extra spending money. You will also need to bring a picture ID (driver’s license, school ID, or passport) to check in to the residence hall.
We look forward to seeing you! Give us a call if you have any questions (219-464-5011).