Admitted Student Days
Congratulations on your admission to Valparaiso University! We invite you to campus to get to know Valpo’s faculty, staff and students while exploring campus life and academics.
This program – reserved for our admitted students – was cancelled in response to the COVID-19 effect on our nation. Please visit us virtually!
2020 Dates Were
- January 26-27: We had a terrific event and can’t wait for our next one!
- February 16-17: So much fun at this Admitted Student Day! Lots of new friendships were formed…..
- March 23: This event has been cancelled in response to the Nation’s COVID-19 outbreak.
- April 6: This event has been cancelled in response to the Nation’s COVID-19 outbreak.
- April 26-27: This event has been cancelled in response to the Nation’s COVID-19 outbreak.
SCHEDULE (Central Time)
|Sunday Evening, 5:00-6:00 p.m.||Check-in is at the Duesenberg Welcome Center|
Students pair up with their Overnight Student Ambassador.
Parents may attend a reception just for them (5:00-6:00) which can include a residence hall tour.
|Monday Morning, 8:00 a.m.||Check-in for all on Day 2 is at the Harre Union|
|9:15 a.m.||Welcome and Presentation|
Monday’s program for Students & Guests includes:
- An introduction to your academic college
- Academic programs for students
- “Beyond the Classroom” for parents
- Lunch for all at Founders Table
- Individual conversation with a financial aid representative
- Options to talk with Christ College, our Aviation Program director, and staff from the Health Center, Counseling Center, Dining Services, Access & Accommodations Office.
- Specialty tours of anatomy & forensic labs, engineering labs, kinesiology human performance labs, nursing & health professions labs, athletics and fitness facilities, and meteorology labs (includes a balloon launch if weather permits).
The day’s program ends between 1:00 & 2:00 p.m. Central Time.
If you wish to speak with coaching staff, you should schedule the appointment on your own for after 2:00 p.m.
For your overnight visit, you should bring a sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries, shower shoes, homework, and extra spending money. You will also need to bring a picture ID (driver’s license, school ID, or passport) to check in to the residence hall.
We look forward to seeing you! Give us a call if you have any questions (219-464-5011).