The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship recognizes international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding.
The 2022-2023 Academic Scholarship application is open to students of all academic majors and fields of study.
- Be a first-year international* admitted student.
- Meet one of the following two requirements
Attended (or have graduated from) a secondary school within or outside of the United States
- Be able to demonstrated leadership qualities and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
*An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US citizenship or permanent residency.
At Valpo, we are part of one community. With students, faculty, and staff from around the world, including 300 international students hailing from more than 50 different countries and comprising about 10 percent of the student body, it is a richly diverse community. Here, everyone is welcomed, valued, and respected.
- Be an admitted student to Valparaiso University.
- Submit the one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application, and corresponding essay or video.
- Essay (500-1,000 words) or video (2-5 minutes). If submitting a large video file, please share a link to the video
- Creatively tell us about your leadership skills in your school or community. How do you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at Valparaiso University.
- If awarded a scholarship, accept it by submitting a tuition deposit ($400 USD) by May 1, 2022
APPLICATION – OPEN
• Application Deadline: March 15, 2022
• Decisions e-mailed to recipients after April 1, 2022
• Enrollment Deposit Deadline: May 1, 2022
The You Are Welcome Here Scholarship is a stackable and annually renewable scholarship. The total of all Valparaiso University scholarships will not exceed $30,000.
Additional questions can be sent to the International Admissions Team at email@example.com
You are welcome here. And we hope you will join us and bring your own unique experiences, beliefs, and background to our close-knit community, a place where people come together and thrive — guided by the values of diversity and inclusion.