Thank you for bringing your group of high school students to Valparaiso University!
To best coordinate your visit, the Undergraduate Admission office has established the following guidelines:
Scheduling for High School Groups
- Hosted on most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays during the academic year.
- Start time is 9:15 a.m. Central Time (the same time as Chicago!).
- Make your reservation at least three (3) weeks prior to your visit. One high school per day is scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Visits include an information session by the Admission Office staff, student-led walking campus tour, and a leadership session in the Office of Multicultural Programs.
- Maximum number of students we can accommodate is 50, plus 5 chaperones (1 chaperone per 10 students).
We will do our best to accommodate your requested date, however we cannot host high school groups on weekends when facilities & staff are limited, nor during final exam periods.
As a result of the increased number of groups requesting campus visits, the Undergraduate Admission Office’s policy is to work exclusively with high school students. Middle school or elementary schools within a close proximity may request an admission counselor come to their school to talk about preparing for college. Call us at 219-464-5011.
Timely Arrival – Central Time Zone
Arriving on time is important, as our high school group visit start times work around our students’ class schedules. In the event of a late arrival, your tour and information session will likely be modified.
Chaperones will be required to accompany high school groups at all times during the visit, including during the campus tour. Our required ratio is one adult per 10 high school students. (We can accommodate 55 total people per visit.)
If you find it necessary to cancel your visit, it is essential that you give at least three days notice. Failure to do so may limit future schedule availability for your group.
Or contact us
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 219.464.5011
Please note: campus tours for groups do not include athletic facilities nor residence halls.