At Valpo, we are part of one community. With students, faculty, and staff from around the world, including 400 international students hailing from more than 50 different countries and comprising over 10 percent of the student body, it is a richly diverse community. Here, everyone is welcomed, valued, and respected.
The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship recognizes international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding.Valparaiso University will award annual, renewable scholarships covering a minimum of 50% tuition. The scholarship is open to students of all academic majors and fields of study. This scholarship cannot be combined to exceed our highest academic scholarship. Students should submit this scholarship application to Valpo to be considered for this scholarship.
• Be a first-year international applicant. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US citizenship or permanent residency.
• Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
• Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities.
1. Apply for admission. For more information on our admissions process, visit our application requirements page.
2. Submit Valpo’s one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application, including a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning by March 15.
3. If awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting a tuition deposit by May 1.
•Application Deadline: March 15
•Enrollment Deposit Deadline: May 1
You are welcome here. And we hope you’ll join us and bring your own unique experiences, beliefs, and background to our close-knit community, a place where people come together and thrive — guided by the values of diversity and inclusion.