Q. Is parking available on the day of the event?

Visitor parking is available in lots 13 and 14, located directly north and northwest of the Harre Union. For a large event (500+), the Valparaiso University Police Department will arrange for additional parking. Please visit valpo.edu/maps for a map of the campus.

Q. Are there designated smoking areas on campus?

Valparaiso University is a tobacco-free environment. Smoking or tobacco use of any kind is not permitted on campus. Smoking in an enclosed vehicle is permitted.

Q. We would like to use an outside caterer for our meeting, reception, dinner, etc. Is this allowed?

Outside catering is not permitted at events held on campus. If you have catering needs for your event, Valparaiso University’s Dining Services will be happy to assist you. For camps and conferences we offer meal plans for the length of your stay.

Q. Can alcohol be served at events?

When alcohol is served, an alcohol provider is needed. We have a list of approved providers, and a provider from the list must be used. Security is required at all events where alcohol is served.

Q. How do I find travel directions to Valparaiso University?

Visit valpo.edu/maps.

Q. We’re planning a large event. Is security available? 

Security is available through the Valparaiso University Police Department for an hourly rate. Please inquire for more details.

Q. Are decorations allowed in the rooms?

Decorations may be added to rooms provided they meet the following guidelines:

    • Decorations may not be taped, tacked, nailed, pinned, or glued to the walls or ceilings.
    • No glitter or confetti is permitted.
    • Candles must have a glass covering and an appropriate base.

A complete list of decorating guidelines is available upon request.

Q. Is our group allowed access to the Games and Recreation area in the Harre Union?

There is an hourly rental rate for the use of this area. Please inquire for more details.

Q. Can I have my wedding ceremony on campus?

Valparaiso University offers the impressive Chapel of the Resurrection and facilities in the Harre Union and Christopher Center Community Room.

Q. Can I have camps and/or conferences on campus?

Valparaiso University offers a variety of facilities across campus for one-day or multiple-day camps and conferences. During the summer, we do offer accommodations in our residence halls and apartments.

Q. Are there recreational facilities available? 

A pool, gymnasium, outdoor basketball courts, tennis courts, and an outdoor track are available. Some recreational equipment is available to rent in the Harre Union games and recreation area, located on the first floor.

 Previous  Contact Us