Student Mail Services processes all mail delivery for students living in residential housing. Student Mail Services utilizes a package tracking system for all items that have a tracking barcode or are larger than the mail unit dimensions. U.S. mail and packages are distributed to mail units Monday through Friday. Mail units are assigned to all students living in residential housing or students that have a rental agreement. Students retain the same mail unit as long as they reside in residential housing on campus. Unit numbers and combinations are available for students at DataVU under “My Profile”. Student Mail Services signs for all packages. An email notification is sent to the student’s Valpo email account when the package has arrived and is ready for pick up.
- DO NOT use the student’s room number for mail, a unit number has been assigned to each student living in residential housing.
- DO NOT send cash through the U.S. Mail.
- Students are encouraged to check their mail units and emails on a regular basis.
- ALL students are encouraged to notify Student Mail Services and the Registrar when they no longer reside in a residence housing by logging on to DataVU; under the Registration section on the lower left,
select “Address Update Screen.”
- Additional services include outgoing U.S. Postal Service, UPS and DHL shipping services and shipping supplies.
All mail / packages must be addressed to the student’s name and assigned mail unit number to expedite delivery and avoid being delayed or returned to the sender.
Do not use “P.O. Box” in your mailing address. These are campus mail units @ Valparaiso University and not USPS post office boxes this can cause a delay in delivery.
The mission of the Valparaiso University Student Mail Services is to provide a professional, efficient and secure mail service to the university community using existing and emerging technology. Our staff is responsible for the delivery, collection and processing of all student mail, intra-campus, and shipping service to all student and staff at the Student Mail Services.