Please protect yourself from potential Mail Fraud by disposing of all “Junk Mail” or unwanted mail in a safe manner. If you suspect that you are a victim of mail fraud, please contact the USPS Postal Inspector via http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors.
We recommend the following safety precautions:
- Shred all mail that contains confidential information.
- Check your mail unit regularly
- Only students assigned to a Valpo mail unit may pick up mail or parcels addressed to that specific box number.
- Received magazines / CD’s / DVD’s for which you did not subscribe or request? Contact the Company’s Customer Service Department to stop the mailings. Email the Company, keep a hard copy of your email and any responses for your records.
- Share your mail unit combination with others
- “Preset” the combination lock on your box.
- Send or ask someone else to pick up mail or parcels for you. Student Mail Services will only release items to addressee on mail or parcel.
- Allow others to have mail or parcels addressed to your mail unit number.
- Give personal information over the phone