How to Care for your OneCard ID…
- The cardholder is responsible for the care of the card.
- The card should not be handled roughly or stored in warm or hot places (i.e. behind auto sun visors, in glove boxes, on dashboards, etc.).
- Your card should not be kept in proximity of magnetic devices at anytime (i.e. television sets, stereo speakers, bulk tape erasers, radio transmitters, etc.).
- Do not attach to key chains or carry unprotected in pockets, purses, backpacks, etc.
- Do not affix stickers, pins or any other alterations or modifications to your OneCard ID.
- Cards should never be placed back to back with magnetic strips touching.
- Damaged cards will result from negligence or improper care (i.e. putting the card through the dryer, using the card to scrape the windshield, etc.).
It is your responsibility to protect your OneCard ID at all times. If your OneCard is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately to the OneCard ID Office at 219.464.5131 or VUPD at 219.464.5430. In the event that the loss is not reported to the appropriate officials, Valparaiso University will not be responsible for any charges incurred during that time.