What is a Courtesy Card?
Valparaiso University offers Courtesy Cards to the spouses and dependents of regular and limited full-time and regular part-time employees. The Courtesy Card enables the cardholder to check out materials at the Christopher Center, attend campus events for free or reduced prices, use facilities in the Athletics and Recreation Center, purchase Fitness Center plans, and other privileges as may be defined. For additional information on these services, reference the OneCard Services page.
Who is qualified?
- All regular and limited full-time and regular part-time employees, as defined by the Employee Handbook:
- One card for your spouse or guest
- One card for every dependent child under the age of 18
- Independent contractors identified by the Office of Human Resource Services, such as the Student Health Center
- Employees of an affiliated organization housed on campus, such as INTERLINK Language Center, Lutheran Deaconess Association and the University Bookstore
- Spouse, guest, and dependents are excluded
- Must be employed by the affiliated organization for at least 20 hours per week for 52 weeks per year
- Retirees and their spouse or guest
The President of the University may make an exception to these qualifications.
You may pick up your Courtesy Card(s) after your official start date outlined on your Valpo Certification of Employment Sheet.
Faculty & Staff Meal Plan
Now your OneCard can give you extra money when you buy into the Faculty and Staff Dining Plan! Purchase into one of the four levels below to receive your bonus:
Citron Plan – Purchase $100 in Dining Dollars and get an additional $10, a 10% bonus.
Gold Plan – Purchase $200 in Dining Dollars and get an additional $24, a 12% bonus.
Brown Plan – Purchase $300 in Dining Dollars and get an additional $40, a 15% bonus.
Brown and Gold Plan – Purchase $400 or more in Dining Dollars, and get $80 or more, a 20% bonus.
Payments can be made through check or payroll deduction.
For more information or to enroll, please visit the Dining Services Office in the Harre Union, outside of Founders Table, or call 219.464.5016
Bookstore Employee Discount:
Faculty and Staff can take advantage of a 10 percent discount at the Valparaiso University Bookstore on items excluding textbooks, gift cards, clearance items, diploma frames, previous and online purchases, calculators, computer products, and professional reference materials. In order to take advantage of the discount, you must present your OneCard ID at time of check-out.