Check your Account Balances
Students, faculty, and staff can check all account balances in one place on DataVU. Log in to DataVU, then select the “Community” option on the right hand side. Choose “Miscellaneous Balance Listing.” This will allow you to check your:
- Student Account Balance (if applicable)
- Dining Dollars
- Crusader Cash
- VUPD, library, and other applicable fines
For step-by-step instructions on viewing your account balances online, please see this printable PDF.
How to Deposit Funds into Your Dining Dollars Account
Students can activate their Dining Dollars Account on DataVU.
- First log in, then go to the “Students” tab on the right side menu
- Follow the link on the bottom-right of the Students Menu that says “Meal Plan”
- Select the amount of money that you want to add to your Dining Dollars Account and click “Submit”
- Undergraduate students living a residence hall will automatically have the mandatory meal plan posted to their Student Account. Additional funds may be added using the steps noted above.
- Transfers to Dining Dollars and Training Table (Board Plan) activations are performed Sunday every two hours from 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. and Monday – Saturday every two hours from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Students can carry over dining dollars from the fall semester to the spring semester. See the Meal Plan Information page for more details.
- If you are an INTERLINK student wishing to add money to your Dining Dollars account, you must contact Kathy Carter in Heidbrink Hall, room 103, phone 464.5518.
Faculty & Staff
Faculty and Staff members can add money to their Dining Dollars account at the Cashier’s Office in Kretzmann Hall or at the Dining Office in the Harre Union.
- Take cash or a check (made out to Valparaiso University) to the Cashier’s Office.
- The Dining Office accepts checks only.
- These funds are available immediately.
- See Faculty and Staff Perks for information on how to get extra Dining Dollars.
If you have any questions about the types of meal plan services provided to OneCard holders, please refer to the Dining Services Page.
For step-by-step instructions on how students can add money to their Dining Dollars accounts, please see this printable PDF.
How to Deposit Funds into your Crusader Cash Account
Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Take cash to one of the automated kiosks, (P.H.I.L.) (located in the Harre Union, room 245 or the first floor vending room in Wesemann Hall)
- Funds deposited on P.H.I.L. are available for immediate use.
- For your convenience, you may also check all of your OneCard account balances on P.H.I.L.
- Take a check or cash to the Cashier’s Office in Kretzmann Hall – these funds are available the same day.
- Go through the web payment system at DataVU.
- First log in, then go to the “Students” tab on the right side menu.
- Under the “Financial Information” heading, select “Deposit to Crusader Cash from Credit Card” or “Deposit to Crusader Cash from Chk/Sav.”
- Choose the “Crusader Cash” radio button under “Payment Types,” fill out the rest of the form with your information, and click continue.
- Enter the desired amount in the field for Crusader Cash.
- Allow 48-72 hours for the funds to be available.
- Be aware that there is a convenience fee for making credit card payments. The convenience fee is an added percentage of the total money deposited in the account. This percentage depends on the bank or credit card company used to make the transactions. Visa is not accepted.
- Call 800.722.4867, choose option 2, then option 3 to make a one-time payment. A convenience fee is also charged for this service. Allow 48-72 hours for funds to be available.
Parents can deposit funds to their student’s Crusader Cash account, if the student has provided them with their student ID number. Funds can be deposited using the phone or DataVU options listed above.
- For DataVU: Parents will go to DataVU, and choose the Parent/Guest option. No login information is required. See this document for step-by-step instructions for parents.
- For Phone: follow the directions listed in the student section above.
For information on the services provided to OneCard holders with Crusader Cash, please refer to the Crusader Cash Page.
For step-by-step instructions for students and parents for adding money to Crusader Cash, please see this printable PDF.