Valparaiso University’s Transportation Service strives to provide the university community with a safe and reliable form of transportation. The Transportation Service is always seeking to develop improved strategies to reach a broader base and offer a more convenient service. A dedicated and professionally-trained staff is committed to providing the university with courteous, timely, and efficient service.
A campus shuttle is available to students, faculty, and staff that is handicap accessible and operates on a fixed route. There are conveniently located, prearranged areas (bus stops) throughout campus for you to choose from. The shuttle is in operation while classes are in session during the fall and spring semesters. Campus shuttle operations are suspended during the summer term.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Saturday/Sunday 6:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
When using the campus shuttle, we encourage you to download the Transit Tracker app. This app allows you to request a ride on the shuttle. Once you “Check-In” on the app, our driver on shift will be notified and will arrive soon thereafter. You can also track the shuttle using the app to determine where on the route the shuttle is currently located.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Parking & Transportation Office at email@example.com or 219.464.5131.
Transportation Service Uses
- Transport of students and staff within the transport boundaries.
- Transport of students to and/or from local medical offices.
- Transport those affiliated with campus activities at other special event locations.
- Transport of any ADA students that require an alternative form of transportation.
- Students that have injuries and are in need of transportation must get authorization from the Access and Accommodations Resource Center (219.464.5456 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you need transportation to an off-campus medical facility, please contact the Parking & Transportation Office (219.464.5131 or email@example.com) to schedule a transport.
**NOTE: The Transportation Service cannot transport any person in need of emergency medical attention. If a person is in need of emergency medical attention, contact VUPD at 219.464.5430 or 911. **