As a parent or guardian, you expect your student to find gainful employment or successful placement into a graduate program upon completion of his or her degree at Valpo. While it is ultimately up to each student to take personal responsibility for his or her own career planning and job search, as a parent you can provide a great deal of meaningful assistance and encouragement throughout this process.
There are a number of concerns that may accompany your student’s entrance into college. You may find yourself asking:
- Will my student be able to get a job after college?
- How important are internships, and how would my student go about getting one?
- What resources are available to help my student find the right major(s)?
- Should my student be thinking about graduate school?
- … and many other similar questions.
Our staff is here to help your student with all of the above. Your student will undergo a tremendous amount of growth over his/her time in college, and being “supportive without suffocating” may be a good slogan to adopt. See the links to the left for more information on how you can make a positive impact on your student’s (and others’) career development.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns you might have regarding our services and programs.