After School Childcare
After-School Care for 3 children. Our family is in need of a reliable, responsible and caring individual to care for our children in our home during after-school hours. Care will be required one to three days a week, beginning in January 2019 until May 2019. This position may be renewable on a year-to-year basis. The children will be in fourth, seventh and ninth grade.
- Pick up children at school and bring them to our home and/or to after-school activities using your own transportation.
- One child has a severe peanut allergy. Caregiver will be required to, if necessary, administer an epi pen.
- Oversee homework completion.
- Manage after-school snack.
- Supervise recreation.
- As needed, transport children to/from after-school activities.
- Some light meal preparation may be required.
- Hours: 2:30pm to 5:15pm
- Days required: On a weekly basis, Monday. Intermittently, Wednesday and Friday (one parent travels frequently). Two to three weeks’ notice will be provided for the additional days.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and proof of insurance.
- High school diploma.
- Prior training, or willingness to be trained, on management of child’s peanut allergy, including administering an epi pen.
- Preference given to applicants with previous childcare experience.
- Preference will also be given to applicants available during University breaks.
- References required.
If interested and qualified, please send a letter of application and resume to:
Katie Kuka at firstname.lastname@example.org and John Kuka at John.Kuka@valpo.edu