Duneland Family YMCA – School Age Site Supervisor – Chesterton
Duneland Family YMCA Job Description
Job Title: School Age Site Supervisor Status: Part-Time Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Department: Child Care
Reports to: Program Director Revision Date: 1/14/2020
Leadership Level: Leader Primary Function/Department: Youth Dept.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The School Age Site Supervisor at the Duneland Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while providing direction, implementation of program curriculum and a quality experience to all participants and their families that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibity, and caring.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Conducts parent conferences, and maintains positive relationships and
with parents. Engages parents as volunteers.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Accept additional assignments as deemed appropriate, within the scope of the job description.
- Communication & Influence
- Program Management
- At least 21 years of age. (preferred)
- First Aid, Blood borne Pathogens, CPR, AED and Child Abuse prevention training prior to direct contact with children.
- Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards required prior to direct contact with children.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement
program activities preferred.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical ability and stamina to perform the duties as outlined above, include but not limited to extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking: bending, stooping, reaching, and must be able to move around the environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to plan, lead, and participate in program activities in a variety of indoor and/or outdoor settings.
ABUSE RISK MANAGEMENT:
- Adheres to policies related to boundaries with youth.
- Attends required abuse risk management training.
- Responds seriously and confidently to reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors.
- Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements.
Signature indicates that you have read and understand the job description provided for the position.
Interested: Fill out application at https://www.dunelandymca.org/about-us/career-opportunities and email application and resume to Sally Gabric, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 219-921-0183.
Date posted: 2/24/20