Do you love children and childcare? Are you innovative about new ideas to keep children engaged and learning? consider being a YMCA School Age Assistant at Morgan Township Schools. This is a part-time position 2:15-6 p.m. M-F, up to $8.50/hr, pay commensurate with experience.
Essential Functions of the position include:
1. Ensure the safety of all children; maintain a high level of confidentiality.
2. Follow provided curriculum activities, interacting with and motivating children.
3. Document attendance.
4. Provide feedback to parents.
5. Perform opening and/or closing procedures as required and outlined in guidelines.
6. Adhere to work schedule work and substitute for other staff as needed.
7. Follow emergency procedures and safety precautions. Follow procedures for reporting all accidents, incidents and hazards.
8. Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations as outlined in employee handbook and other communications. Obtain and maintained required training(s).
9. Accept additional assignments as deemed appropriate, within the scope of the job description.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum age 18 required.
• Previous child care experience preferred.
• Physical ability and stamina to perform the duties as outlined above, including but not limited to extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking; bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds.
Date posted: 9/3/19