Valparaiso YMCA – Camp Position
SUMMER CAMP STAFF NEEDED
Are you interested in working with and motivating school-age children over the summer? Our Camp Staff must be a minimum of 18 years of age. This is a Seasonal, Full-Time position June 3 – Mid August. Camp runs M-F 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Staff will be expected to work approximately 40 hours weekly within these time frames.
Essential Functions include:
1. Assist the Camp Director with the leading our school-age summer program, including motivating and engaging with youth.
2. Assist with Monitor daily camp operations which includes but not limited to, adhering to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations; maintaining strict confidentiality regarding personal information on children, families, and staff; maintaining a safe environment for camp staff and participants; notifying supervisor of problems with program, facilities, and equipment, including supply needs.
3. Attend all in-service trainings, staff meetings, and other recommended workshops as required
4. Follow emergency procedures and safety precautions. Follow procedures for reporting all accidents, incidents and hazards.
5. Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations as outlined in employee handbook and other communications. Obtain and maintain required training(s).
6. Accept additional assignments as deemed appropriate, within the scope of the job description.
* 18 Years of Age Required.
* Experience working with school-age youth preferred.
* Physical ability and stamina to perform the duties as outlined above, including but not limited to extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking; bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds.
* This position is largely outdoors.
To see more about this position, or to apply, go to https://valpoymca.peoplematter.jobs/#
Date Posted: 4/4/19