This Holy Week, beginning with Palm Sunday, April 14, and including Morning Prayer April 15-18 and Celebrate! April 17, you’re invited to come and “meet” different characters tell what it was like to be there for Holy Week.
Hear first-person narratives from the women who kept watch (Candlelight at 10 p.m. April 14) and all through Holy Week at Morning Prayer:
- Monday, April 15 at 10 a.m. – Barabbas (freed by Pontius Pilate instead of Jesus Christ),
- Tuesday, April 16, at 10 a.m. – Mary (mother of Christ)
- Wednesday, April 17, at 10 a.m. – Simon (who was pressed into carrying Christ’s cross)
- Thursday, April 18, at 10 a.m. – The Repentant Thief (crucified with Christ)
Plus, come hear Judas’ story Wednesday at 10 p.m., April 17, at Celebrate!
The narratives are in addition to the remainder of Holy Week services at the Chapel:
- April 14 (Palm Sunday) 10 a.m. Rev. Dr. David Weber, Lecturer in Theology, preaching; Rev. James A. Wetzstein, University Pastor, presiding (LCMS)
- April 18 Maundy Thursday – 7 p.m. Dcs. Kristin Lewis, Interim Campus Minister, preaching; Rev. Brian Johnson, Assistant Vice President for Mission and Ministry, presiding (ELCA)
- April 19 Good Friday – noon Dcs. Kristin Lewis, Interim Campus Minister, preaching and presiding (ELCA)
- April 20 Easter Vigil – 8 p.m. Dcs. Kristin Lewis, Interim Campus Minister, preaching/worship leader; Rev. Amanda Brobst-Renaud, Assistant Professor of Theology, presiding (ELCA)
- April 21 (Easter Sunday): 10 a.m. Rev. James A. Wetzstein, University Pastor (LCMS)