Kevin L. Jantzi, Ph.D.
Kevin L. Jantzi
Department Chair, Associate Professor of Chemistry
Center for the Sciences 210
Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry – University of Wisconsin-Madison (2004)
B.A. – Goshen College (1998)
- Use of palladium catalysts to generate small, highly functionalized rings, development of new organic chemistry laboratory experiments, indoor and outdoor air quality
- K. L. Jantzi, I. A. Guzei, H. J. Reich, “Solution and Solid-State Structures of Lithiated Phenyloxazolines,”Organometallics 2006, 25, 75390-5395.
- K. L. Jantzi, C. L. Puckett, I. A. Guzei, H. J. Reich, “Solution Structure and Chelation Properties of 2-Thienyllithium Reagents,” Journal of Organic Chemistry 2005, 70, 7520-7529.
- H. J. Reich, W. S. Goldenberg, A. W. Sanders, K. L Jantzi, C. C. Tzschucke, “Amine- and Ether-Chelated Aryllithium Reagents – Structure and Dynamics,” Journal of the American Chemical Society 2003, 125, 3509-3521.
- C. R. Cornman, K. L. Jantzi, J. I. Wirgau, T. C. Stauffer, J. W. Kampf, P. D. Boyle, “Coordination Chemistry of a Tripodal S2ON Ligand: Syntheses, Structures, and Reactivity of the Molybdenum(VI) and Nickel(II) Complexes of Bis-(2-mercaptoethyl)-2-amino-4-methylphenol (H3btap) and Comparison to VVO(btap),” Inorganic Chemistry 1998, 37, 5851-5855.
- American Chemical Society
- Council of Undergraduate Research
- 2013 Valparaiso University Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2007-2011 American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund Washington, DC
$40,000 – “Pd(0)-Catalyzed [3+2] Cycloadditions Involving Novel Epoxide and Aziridine Containing Trimethylenemethane Precursors.” Project to expand existing Pd(0)-catalyzed methodologies used to synthesize substituted five-membered rings.
- 2007 American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund Washington, DC
$3,600 – “8th International Symposium on Carbanion Chemistry (ISCC8).” Funding to cover the travel costs of several international speakers.
- Robert Clark, Ph.D.
- A. Gilbert Cook, Ph.D.
- Christina M. Davis, Ph.D.
- Thomas E. Goyne, Ph.D.
- Jennifer Holt, Ph.D.
- Norm Hudson, Ph.D., MPA
- Christopher R. Iceman, Ph.D.
- Kevin L. Jantzi, Ph.D.
- Katie Leach, Ph.D.
- Julie Peller, Ph.D.
- Jeffrey Pruet, Ph.D.
- Laura Rowe, Ph.D.
- Jonathan K. Schoer, Ph.D.
- Paul F. Smith, Ph.D.