Follow Your Passion to Interdisciplinary Business and Engineering
Do your interests go beyond a single field of study? Are you looking to be prepared for a changing workforce? Valparaiso University is offering a bachelor of science in interdisciplinary business and engineering beginning fall 2019.
This program allows students to combine their interests in business and engineering, opening opportunities for them after graduation to work in technology and technical companies.
Graduates with this degree could have careers in multiple areas including technical sales, new business development, technical support, brand management, production planning, purchasing, operations analysis and management, plant accounting, and project management, as well as fields that are still developing. Being able to think creatively and analytically is a skill employers look for, and this program will equip graduates with the ability to succeed in the changing workforce landscape.
- Coursework covers business, engineering, math, science, and general education.
- Students are be able to earn up to two minors, one in engineering (mechanical and engineering) and one in business (business administration, analytics, entrepreneurship, supply chain and logistics management).
- Dedicated College of Business and College of Engineering faculty educate students in the classroom and beyond.
Graduates will be able to:
- Combine critical and integrative thinking to solve problems and generate new ideas.
- Use extensive oral communication, writing competence and teamwork to convey messages and information.
- Understand and implement strategies that highlight ethical decisions and social responsibility alongside functional area knowledge to create a path for excellence.