Minor Programs for Non-Majors
An undergraduate business major is not the only route to a career in business: some fields require backgrounds in science, engineering, language or arts study, or social sciences. The College of Business offers a number of minors and a certificate program to Valpo students who are majoring in fields other than business.
Some of our minors plan to complete MBA degrees after graduating from college; others envision careers in public service, arts administration or other fields in which an understanding of business concepts and practices is an invaluable addition to subject-matter expertise. These programs meet the needs of those students.
Fundamentals of Business Minor
This 18-credit program introduces Valpo students majoring in the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Engineering, or the College of Nursing and Health Professions to the basics of business environments.
Minor in Business Administration
A 27-credit program that covers all the major areas of coursework necessary to prepare a non-major for a masters’ program in business, this minor offers slightly more advanced preparation in business.
Minor in Business Analytics
This 19-credit program helps students enhance their skills through the effective use of data.
Minor in Entrepreneurship
Develop the skills required to bring products and services to the marketplace and develop managerial experience. This minor is open to all majors at Valparaiso University and all business majors at the College of Business.
Minor in Human Resources
Minor in Project Management
Minor in Supply Chain and Logistics Management
The 15-credit minor in supply chain and logistics management is designed for students who want to develop a base knowledge of supply chain and logistics concepts and terminology.
- The SAP/ERP Certificate is a mark of excellence in a competitive business environment and will differentiate students seeking a career in management, accounting, finance, marketing operations, information systems, project management, or supply chain management.
- Enhanced International Business in German (EIB – German) is a nine-semester program that allows students to gain linguistic and cultural proficiency in the German language and prepares them for careers with German or U.S. companies that opera globally.
- Minor Programs
- Minor Programs for Business Majors
- Minor Programs for Non-Majors
- Minor in Business Administration
- Minor in Business Analytics
- Minor in Coaching Education
- Minor in Entrepreneurship
- Minor in Human Resources
- Minor in International Business and Global Studies
- Minor in Project Management
- Minor in Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Sports Management
- Esports Management
- Enhanced International Business in German Program