Phil Walter, Ph.D.
Lecturer of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Gellersen Hall, Room 104
B.S.- University of Maryland-College Park
M.S.- The Pennsylvania State University-University Park
Ph.D.-The Pennsylvania State University-University Park
- Autonomous Mobile Robots
- Computational Techniques for Electrical and Computer Engineers
- Embedded Microcontrollers
- Financial Decisions in Engineering
- Fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Linear Circuits Laboratory
- Programable Logic Controllers
- Signals and Systems
- Acoustics and Noise Control
- Adaptive Optics
- Control and Intelligent Systems
- Nuclear Power and Propulsion
- Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles
- Alpha Nu Sigma
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (Senior Member)
- Order of the Engineer
- Phi Kappa Phi
- P.B. Walter and R.M. Edwards, “Toward Autonomous Control of Nuclear Power Systems Using Supervisory Reconfigurable Control,” Proceedings of the 1996 American Nuclear Society Topical Meeting on Nuclear Plant Instrumentation, Control, and Human Machine Interface Technologies, 2:843-849, University Park, PA, May 6-9, 1996.
- P.B. Walter and R.M. Edwards, “A Modular Simulation System for Dynamic Modeling of Solid Core Nuclear Rocket Engines,” Proceedings of the 9th Power Plant Dynamics, Control & Testing Symposium, 1:41.01-14, Knoxville, TN, May 24-26, 1995.
- P.B. Walter and R.M. Edwards, “Nuclear Rocket Simulation System for the Development of Advanced Control,” Transactions of the American Nuclear Society, 70:297-298, June 1994.
- P.B. Walter and R.M. Edwards, “Development of an Integrated Control and Health Monitoring Architecture for Nuclear Rockets,” Proceedings of the 11th Symposium on Space Nuclear Power and Propulsion, Albuquerque, NM, January 9-13, 1994.
- P.B. Walter and R.M. Edwards, “Nuclear Propulsion Control and Health Monitoring,” Proceedings of the Fifth Annual NASA Propulsion Engineering Research Center Symposium, p204-207, University Park, PA, September 8-9, 1993.
- P.B. Walter, R.M. Edwards and E.H. Klevans, “Control System Development for Pratt & Whitney’s XNR2000 Nuclear Rocket Concept,” Transactions of the American Nuclear Society, 68:344-345, June 1993.
- P.B. Walter and R.M. Edwards, “Comparison of CERMET and NERVA Nuclear Rockets with Classical and Advanced Controllers,” Proceedings of the Nuclear Plant Instrumentation, Control and Man-Machine Interface Technologies, an American Nuclear Society Topical Meeting, p161-168, Oak Ridge, TN, April 18-21, 1993.
- P.B. Walter, R.M. Edwards, J.A. Turso, and H.E. Garcia, “Feedwater System Diagnostic Development Using Distributed Simulation,” Proceedings of the 8th Power Plant Dynamics, Control & Testing Symposium, 1:35.01-35, Knoxville, TN, May 27-29, 1992.