Carmine Polito, Ph.D., P.E.
Carmine Polito, Ph.D., P.E. Professor of Civil Engineering firstname.lastname@example.org 219.464.6985 Gellersen Hall, Room 143
B.S. – California Polytechnic State University
M.S.- Purdue University
M.S.- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
Ph.D.- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- Licensed Professional Engineer – California and Indiana
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Geotechnical Aspects of Earthquake Engineering
- Probability and Statistics for Engineers
- Soil Mechanics
- Soils and Foundation Engineering
- Laboratory testing of soils
- Liquefaction of soils containing fine-grained materials
- Modeling and prediction of soil response under dynamic loads
- Soil mechanics: the behavior of soils under seismic loadings
- ASCE, Associate Member
- ASEE, Member/Illinois-Indiana Section Chair
- Chi Epsilon, Member
- EERI, Member
- Engineers Without Borders, Member
- Order of the Engineer, Member
- “Regression Models for Validating Cyclic Triaxial Test Results,” Geotechnical Testing Journal. Vol. 34, Issue 2, March 2011
- “Linear Regression Models for Cyclic Triaxial Testing,” Geotechnical Testing Journal. Vol. 32, Issue 4, July 2009
- “Pore Pressure Generation in Sands and Silty Soils During Cyclic Loading,” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. Vol. 134, No. 10, October 2008 (Green, R., and Lee, J)
- “A Reconciliation Of The Effects Of Non-Plastic Fines On The Liquefaction Resistance Of Sands As Reported In The Literature,” Earthquake Spectra, Volume 19, No. 3, August 2003 (Martin, J.R.)
- “The Effects Of Non-Plastic Fines On The Liquefaction Resistance Of Sands,” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, May 2001 (Martin, J.R.)
- Zuhdi Aljobeh, Ph.D., P.E.
- Michael Doria, Ph.D.
- Scott Duncan, Ph.D.
- Navdeep K. Dhaliwal, Ph.D.
- Jay Grossman, Ph.D., P.E.
- Eric Johnson, Ph.D.
- Peter Johnson, Ph.D.
- Reva Johnson, Ph.D.
- Sami Khorbotly, Ph.D.
- Peter Krenzke, Ph.D.
- Bethany Luke, Ph.D.
- Dan Maguire, Ph.D.
- Jennifer Marley, Ph.D.
- Shahin Nudehi, Ph.D., P.E.
- Carmine Polito, Ph.D., P.E.
- Anne Raich, Ph.D.
- Doug Tougaw, Ph.D., P.E.
- Luke Venstrom, Ph.D.
- Peter Weiss, Ph.D., P.E.
- Ruth Wertz, Ph.D.,P.E.
- Jeffrey Will, Ph.D.
- Dan White, Ph.D.
- Di Zhang, Ph.D.