Professor Juli Verkler joined as adjunct faculty in 2014 and began her role as visiting instructor of nursing in fall of 2018. She has more than 20 years of clinical expertise in emergency and trauma nursing.
Throughout her career, she has held many roles including bedside emergency and trauma nurse, preceptor, mentor to new graduate nurses, emergency and trauma nurse educator, trauma nurse team lead, and charge nurse. Professor Verkler’s teaching career began informally as a preceptor to new nurses in the emergency department at Memorial Hospital of South Bend, Indiana. Her formal teaching career began in 2008 when she was adjunct clinical nursing instructor for accelerated BSN students at National University in San Diego. In May 2015, Professor Verkler was the recipient of the Daisy Faculty Award. Her work has been published several times in the Journal of Emergency Nursing. She is also a secondary contributing author to the Emergency Nurses Association Trauma Nursing Core Course 8th edition. Professor Verkler’s current research is focused on family presence during adult resuscitation. She is currently a member of the Society of Trauma Nurses, Emergency Nurses Association, and Sigma Theta Tau.
- Master of Science in Nursing (Nurse Educator) – Valparaiso University
- Master of Forensic Science – National University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Valparaiso University
- Board Certified Emergency Nurse
- Board Trauma Certified Registered Nurse
- Board Certified Forensic Nurse
- Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
- Basic Life Support Provider