Ph.D., RN, FNP-BC, CNE
Associate Professor of Nursing
Professor Brandy teaches in both the graduate and undergraduate nursing programs. She is certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and as a Nurse Educator by the National League for Nursing. Her extensive clinical background includes critical care, surgery, acute and residential psychiatric care, hospice, and family practice. Currently, Professor Brandy serves as the parish nurse coordinator for a local congregation.
Professor Brandy is a member of several professional nursing organizations, including Sigma Theta Tau, American Association of Nurse Practitioners, Midwest Nursing Research Society, and the American Psychiatric Nurses Association. She has been invited to serve as a peer-reviewer for multiple journals including The Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, The Journal of the American College Health Association, The Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, and Religions.
Professor Brandy’s research areas include spirituality and mental health. She has been awarded grants from the Wheat Ridge Foundation and the Valparaiso University Alumni Association to support her qualitative research into depression in freshman college students. Professor Brandy has presented her work at multiple national and international conferences. Her work has been published in The Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services and Jacob’s Journal of Gerontology.
- Ph.D. – Loyola University, Chicago
- MSN – Valparaiso University
- BSN – University of Evansville
- American Nurses Credentialing Center as Family Nurse Practitioner
- National League for Nurses as Nurse Educator
Areas of Specialization
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Spirituality and Mental Health
- Qualitative Research
- Grounded Theory
- A qualitative study focused on depression in first year college students
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)
- Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS)
- Sigma Theta Tau