News & Events
Congratulations to Lillia Pogue ’21,
Health Care Leadership major,
who was recently named to the prestigious Orr Fellowship.
Spring Semester Begins
Friday, January 22nd – Spring Focus
New undergraduate student orientation
Monday, January 25th – Spring Classes Begin
- Congratulations to Lillia Pogue ’21, Health Care Leadership major, on being named to the Orr Fellowship. Please read more about Lillia’s prestigious honor here.
- Congratulations to Carrie Higgins, M.S., program director of the Tobacco Education and Prevention for Porter County, who has been selected to serve as vice chair of the executive board for the United Way of Porter County, as well as the 2021 co-chair of Women United Porter County to guide activities to help local women in addiction recovery.
- Congratulations to Dr. Terry Kessler and Dr. Lynette Rayman on acceptance of their abstract Vaping Attitudes and Behaviors Formed in High School and Their Influence on Behaviors in College, as an oral presentation, at Sigma Theta Tau’s 32nd International Nursing Research Congress July 22 -26, 2021.
- Congratulations to Dr. Julie Brandy, Dr. Terry Kessler, Grace Gass and Christina Hubbert on the acceptance of their abstract Depression in Freshman College Students: Development of a Grounded Theory as a poster presentation for the 2021 Midwest Nursing Research Society’s Annual Research Conference to be held March 24-27, 2021.
- The College of Nursing and Health Professions is pleased to welcome Claudine Ruzga, PA-C as a clinical instructor for the PA program. Professor Ruzga previously served CONHP as an adjunct professor and both students and faculty are thrilled to have her join the CONHP faculty.
- Congratulations to Professor Randy Brush who was recently elected as the president-elect for a three-year term of the Indiana Academy of Physician Assistants.
- Congratulations to Dr. Julie Brandy on her recent appointment to the American Psychiatric Nurses Association Child and Adolescent Council Steering Committee.
- CONHP is very proud of Dr. Christina Cavinder and her senior nursing students for the ‘baby shower’ they worked on this fall to gather and assemble infant care kits for the Mennonite Christian Committee (MCC). Please read more here.
- Congratulation to Professor Cynthia Felton on her oral presentation entitled “Nursing Education: Supporting a Clinical Instructor is the Foundation of Clinical Experiences” at the Virtual Nursing 2020 (7th International) Conference on December 14, 2020. Professor Felton completed this work through funding from the Joyce Hagen Faculty Fellowship.
- Congratulations to Dr. Amanda Scott on the publication of her American Occupational Therapy Association Continuing Education article, “Virtual Visits: Modifying Service Delivery for the Older Adult Population During COVID-19”.
- Congratulations to all of the College of Nursing and Health Professions’ students who made the Fall 2020 Dean’s List.
- Congratulations to Dr. Scarlet Spain on her recent webinar entitled, “Influenza and COVID-19”. The webinar can be viewed here.
- Congratulations to Carrie Higgins, Program Director of the Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition for Porter County on her November 19, 2020, community education offering entitled “Victims of Vaping: Protecting Our Youth”. Dr. Teresa Kessler was one of the presenters for this program. You can read more about the event here.
- Congratulations to DNP student Bailey Hinman on the acceptance of her scholarly project for an oral presentation at the University of Iowa Health Care, National EBP Conference. We also congratulate Dr. Christine Kurtz for her leadership, mentoring, and direction she provided to Bailey on this project.
- Congratulations to Dr. Constance Sheets and Dr. Thomas Blodgett on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled, “Perception of a Nurse-Driven Urinary Catheter Removal Protocol in a Hospital Setting” for publication in the Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice.
- Congratulations to Dr. Theresa Kessler and Dr. Lynette Rayman on their new publication entitled “Undergraduate Student-Faculty Collaborative Research: A Pilot Study Exploring Care of a Family Member with Dementia” published in the Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. The publication can be read here.
- Professor Randy Brush will be presenting Individualized Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: New and Novel Treatments at the Indiana Academy of Physician Assistants Virtual Annual CME Conference on December 3, 2020.
- Congratulations to Dr. Theresa Kessler on being named a fellow in the American Academy of Nursing! Read More