News & Events
Learn more about our new
Certificate in Health Administration,
starting in Fall 2021
Sophomore nursing students helped to administer COVID vaccines at the Porter County Expo mass vaccination clinic.
October 1 – SNA Meeting, Rm. 108, LeBien Hall – De-Stress Event
October 1-3 – Homecoming Weekend
October 6-12 – PA Week
October 14-15 – Fall Break
October 19 – The Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition
of Porter County hosts a Zoom Community Conversation:
Sweet Deceptions: Consequences of Nicotine Addiction
October 22 – SNA Meeting, Rm. 108, LeBien Hall – Halloween Party
November 2 – CONHP Town Hall – 4:00 – 5:00 p.m., Room 108 LeBien Hall
November 4 – Valpo Virtual Career Fair, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
November 22 – 26 – Thanksgiving Break
December 3 – CONHP Career Fair, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m, Harre Union Ballrooms
December 10 – Classes End
December 13 – 17 Final Exams
The undergraduate research team working with Dr. Theresa Kessler and Dr. Lynette Rayman will be presenting a poster at the Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society Biennial Convention in November, 2021. Their poster is titled: “Vaping Prevalence on a College Campus Using a Mixed Methods Design.” In addition, our students have been asked to submit an oral recording of their work displayed on this poster as part of a special commemorative event honoring the 110th anniversary of Sigma Theta Tau this year.
- In its first-ever listing of the top undergraduate nursing programs in the United States, US News & World Report has recognized the high quality of Valparaiso University’s nursing program, which has a history spanning more than five decades. Read the full release here: Valpo’s Nursing Program Named One of the Nation’s Best
- Congratulations to undergraduate nursing adviser, Janneal Gifford, M.A.. Ms. Gifford served as a reviewer for a major text published by NACADA (the global academic advising association) titled, Advising Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer College Students.
- Congratulations to Dr. Amanda Scott on the upcoming publication of her article entitled “Addressing Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Older Women” in the Online Journal of Occupational Therapy (OJOT).
- Congratulations to Dr. Nola Schmidt for her published article, “Effect of Repeated Simulation Experience on Perceived Self-Efficacy Among Undergraduate Nursing Students” in Nurse Education Today. Dr. Schmidt partnered with international MSN student, Koukab Al Gharibi, for this article as the work pertains to her masters’ thesis.
- New for Fall 2021 – Certificate in Health Administration
- Congratulations to Dr. Christina Cavinder on her successful establishment of a simulated hospital room at Northwest Health Porter for care of infants and children. This room will be used by staff at Northwest Health as well as by students and faculty of CONHP.
- Congratulations to Assistant Dean Joseph Zaweski for serving as associate editor and publishing two chapters in Ballweg’s Physician Assistant: A Guide to Clinical Practice. Assistant Dean Zaweski authored Chapter 57, “Finding your Niche”, and Chapter 59, “Be a Physician Assistant Educator”. Professor Randy Brush was also profiled in the book as he discussed his niche in the PA world.