Franciscan Health Crown Point – 1201 S. Main St., Crown Point
Franciscan Health Hammond – 5454 Hohman Ave., Hammond
Franciscan Health Michigan City – 3500 Franciscan Way, Michigan City, IN
Franciscan uses Bridges. You cannot complete the EPIC or orientation until you have received your employee ID number from Franciscan. Your ID number will be emailed to you directly and you will then use the ID number as part of your log-in to the system. Learning Compass directions are below. Please watch for the email with your ID number and complete your Bridges checklist items as soon as that is received.
Different facilities handle their documents in Bridges differently, so do not be surprised if your completed items are pending for a while. As long as you have uploaded all of your documents and completed all of your items, you are fine.
You do NOT need to upload any of the items that you have already uploaded to your CastleBranch tracker. If there is a place for vaccines, CPR, etc., those will automatically link to your tracker.
ACCESSING COMPUTER BASED TRAINING (CBTs)
STEP 1 Establish Password
- 1. Go to: https://apps.FranciscanAlliance.org
- 2. Enter your user name which was provided to you in the accompanying email.
- Enter the initial password of: zz####ZZ
- (Enter the last 4 digits of your social security number in place of the ####. For example: zz1234ZZ)
- You will be prompted to change your password. Passwords must meet the below criteria:
- -Be a minimum of 8 characters -Contain both upper- and lower-case letters -Contain at least 1 number
- If you have problems completing the above, call the 24-hour Franciscan Support Center at 800.346.2322. Stay on the phone until you have successfully logged in and changed your password.
- Log out and proceed to Step 2.
STEP 2 Access Computer Based Training (CBT) Modules
- Go to: https://education.ssfhs.org (*Internet Explorer is the recommended browser)
- Enter your user ID and newly created password.
- Scroll down to view list of courses. Click on “Launch” to start CBT education:
- Click the Please click here to Launch the learning activity
- You may need to click on the arrow to start the video:
- Be sure to complete the test after watching CBT (even if the CBT has review questions), by clicking on Examination:
*NOTE: If you have any problems viewing the on-line courses or completing exams, please try using a different browser. You can also contact the Franciscan support Center at 800.346.2322. For any issues that the Support Center is not able to address please contact your Franciscan Clinical Placement Coordinator.
STEP 3 List of CBTs to be completed can vary depending on your rotation
EPIC EMR and General Orientation CBT LIST:
- All listed EPIC CBTs and General Orientation for Clinical Students CBT must be completed before you can print the Certification of Completion to receive access to the Epic electronic medical record.
- The General Orientation for Clinical Students and Epic CBTs must be completed once annually if you continue to return to Franciscan Health for your clinical site. If you have been to Franciscan within the past year, you can just upload your certificates of completion for your new rotation.
STEP 4 Certification of CBT Completion
You can only print the Certification of Completion when ALL CBTs have been completed
- Select “My Transcript – Online” from the Displaying options in the bottom blue ‘My Task’ bar
- Click on “Print Certificate” from any of the Epic CBTs listed: the certificate is the same on all on all CBTs, so you only need to print 1 certificate
If all modules have been completed, the certificate will say “Medical Student Epic Training – Student Nurse”
- Save or print the certificate.
a. It is recommended you save this certificate for future use.
b. It is your responsibility to provide certificate as proof of completion.
c. If you do not see the “Print Certificate link, then all CBTs have NOT been completed.
d. Certificates are only good for one year from when certificate was completed. CBTs will need to be completed if your certificate is over a year old.