Valpo’s CIS faculty members are talented scholars and practitioners of Computing and Information Technology who are deeply committed to teaching.
- Aysegul Yayimli– Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Computing and Information Sciences
- James Caristi – Professor of Computing and Information Sciences
- Michael Glass – Associate Professor of Computing and Information Sciences
- Nicholas Rosasco – Assistant Professor of Computing and Information Sciences
- Saso Poposki – Lecturer in Computing and Information Sciences
- Sonja Streuber – Lecturer in Computing and Information Sciences
- Polly Wainwright – Lecturer in Computing and Information Sciences
- Robert Wichlinski – Lecturer in Computing and Information Sciences
- Mark DeMateo – Adjunct Instructor and Director of Client Services
- Paul Lapsansky – Adjunct Instructor Director of Technical Services
- Peter Sedrak – MSIT Capstone Instructor for IT 670 Professional Development
- Kimberly Jana Tomkiewicz – Academic Advisor and Capstone Coordinator for the MSIT Programs
CIS professors bring a wealth of professional and academic knowledge to the classroom. The CIS faculty has a diverse background, with varying interests and areas of expertise, including:
Intelligent tutoring systems
Natural language processing
Theories of computation
Each faculty member is involved with one (if not more) of the numerous professional organizations in the field of computer science, keeping our professors abreast of current issues facing the nation’s computer science education.
The CIS faculty strives to develop individual relationships with students through small classes, open office hours, and research projects that involve students, offering valuable insight into the professional world of computing and information technology.